Sunday, October 3, 2010

My trip down to Rowena Texas

I decided to stay with my uncle Phillip in Rowena Texas on the way down to Fort Davis. It's not the halfway point, but it sure makes the seven hour drive a little easier.



           Coming up Ranger Hill on I20 West. This is where the scenery starts to change.
                                                         



A lone tree in the middle of a field. I thought it looked like a great photo oppritunity, but it's sometimes hard to capture it on camera



Welcome to Rowena Texas


I always have a blast when I see my crazy ass Uncle!! We laugh and joke all night! Then after several tequila shots the guitar comes out. He is an amazing old hippie on that thing. Old rock, folk and his own stuff. Always a blast!

Phillip and his wife Karen both work at the Lowake Steak House in Miles Texas.
If you ever get an appetite for steak and want to take a road trip, this place is KILLER!!!
The KC for 3 is enough food for 8!!!! It was $36, but if you split it with someone else, you will be taking a doggie bag home and a gut full of meat, salad and potato.






So I got up early and went to work with Phillip. We sat at the bar drinking coffee and watching the news.


No comments:

Post a Comment